A couple of days ago the article from TechCrunch about Easy Taxi was published. Easy Taxi is a Hailo-like app for calling up taxicabs, announcing a $15 million round of investment from Latin America Internet Holding (LIH) which is Rocket Internet’s holding company in the region. We were surprised that they decided to choose Thailand as a country for its operations along with Manila and Hong Kong.
Currently Easy Taxi operates in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and other Brazilian cities (where it first started, in 2011), as well as Botoa, Salvador, Lima and Venezuela. And they have already appeared in Seoul and Kuala Lumpur.
Easy Taxi uses a mobile app-based system to link up drivers with passengers. Passengers can track where the nearest cars are on in-app maps, and similarly drivers can use the app to track passengers. But it’s a really big question if such App will be popular here in Thailand keeping in mind that you can find a bunch of taxis almost everywhere? Sometimes there is even line of cars forming to take part in a competition for a client.
Some people like Rocket Internet and their values along with the strategy, some people don’t. Despite these different views they are great at implementing their ideas in a very fast pace. Today I noticed an announcement for one open position at Easy Taxi here in Bangkok:
And it seems that there’s already a person working for Easy Taxi full time. So, if you feel this job description is attractive, why not apply?
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing business
- Gain work experience in a highly reputed international company
- Fun & casual working atmosphere
- International mindset, close collaboration with management
- Great career opportunities and promotion prospects
- The successful candidate will be provided a promising career opportunity and attractive compensation package