Pocketplaylab is hosting the 2014 AngelHack Bangkok. I’m not sure if it is still Spring but everything before midsummer night goes, so get your RedBull and join the largest Hackathon series, ever. AngelHack happens in 30 cities around the world and about 6,000 developers will join in to build a stronger developer ecosystem.
If you attend Hackathons for the price then AngelHack is definitely for you. The winning team gets to participate in HACKcelerator, a global pre-accelerator program designed to help top hackathon teams turn their hacks into market ready products. The program will provide you the platform for connecting with amazing mentors and a series of events in Silicon Valley to connect with investors and media. Oh and there will be about a $100.000 in sponsored prices in total. Even if you don’t win there are other cool things to look out for:
- Developer bootcamps to teach Android and iOS development.
- 100’s of developers and designers at the event for you to work with.
- Incentives throughout the event to encourage teams helping one another.
- $100,000s in sponsor prizes.
- Fun toys and games spread throughout the venue.
- Great food and lots of it.
- Coding through the night (with pillows).
- Top teams entering the HACKcelerator pre-accelerator program.
- Sponsor awards, breakout sessions, and post-event parties
- Mandatory Demos. Banning of slide decks. And code reviews to ensure winning teams are within the rules.
It’s going to happen this weekend 5th-6th, at Pocketplaylab, SSP Tower, Sukhumvit 63. Basically all the way down from BTS Ekkamai (10min with a motorbike if you dare).